"Every good and perfect gift is from above" ~ James 1:17

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Baby Shower for Adrian :)

So it's 3:20am the day after the baby shower, and I am having trouble getting back to sleep.  I can't help but feel overwhelmed with so many emotions right now...I am SO SO SO thankful for everyone that came yesterday...it was such a wonderful and special day, and I am so happy that everyone came to share this moment with Manny and I.  I want everyone to know how much I really do appreciate everything and hope everyone had a good time (minus the little ac situation) :)  Words or thank you cards cannot even begin to express how very very appreciative I am for everything!

I feel so relieved with all the great gifts we received, and it makes me feel so much more prepared...but at the same time, I think reality has really settled in, and I can't help but feel extremely nervous, excited, anxious, and happy all of a sudden at once.  I have been looking forward to this day my whole life, and now that it is almost here, I am frankly scared...I think it's a completely normal feeling, but nevertheless, it it keeping me from sleeping at the moment.  I hope that I can give my son the world because he truly deserves the best life possible...and that he grows up to be as kind, warm-hearted and hard-working as his daddy...that he loves his family as much as I love mine (and Manny his)...and I hope that he makes life-long friendships with great people as I have.

I can't believe that it is already August, and next month I will finally be meeting the little boy who has 100% captured my heart...although a little frightened at the moment, I think, in fact I know, that it will be the best moment in my life, and the single best thing I have and will ever do.

Thank you again everyone from the bottom of my heart.  I am truly blessed to have each and every one of you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment