"Every good and perfect gift is from above" ~ James 1:17

Thursday, November 29, 2012

The big THREE ZERO!!!!

How far along? 30 weeks!!!  I can't believe how close we are already to meeting our newest son...just 10 weeks to go! :)

Maternity clothes?  Yep, even bought some leggings...I swear these are a pregnant woman's best friend.  They are WAY more comfortable than maternity pants and still look great :)  The ones I got are even lined with fleece (perfect for the colder weather) :)

Stretch marks?  I'm not sure if there's new ones, but the older ones (from Adrian) are more pronounced around my belly button now (which is funny because those are the ones I couldn't see with Adrian until he was born)

Sleep: Pretty good actually...I have to switch sides several times a night or else I get really bad hip pain, but I haven't had to get up as frequently to use the restroom, so that's a pleasant plus :)

Best moment this week:  We had our prenantal appointment last Tuesday with Margie and everything sounds/ looks great.  My blood pressure was great.  I gained 7 lbs since my last visit (6 weeks previous) so a little over a pound per week which is awesome. I am still measuring ahead at 32cm but I measured ahead with Adrian too, so I think that he'll still come around his due date and not early.  And his heartrate was 126 bpm :)  I looked at my pregnancy journal for Adrian, and I just happened to have a prenatal visit the same week with him and his heartrate was 127 bpm...so they're pretty similar in that aspect :)

Another plus this week was Thanksgiving and being able to spend 4 days with Manny...I think Adrian really enjoyed having his dadda with us all day long for the long weekend :)  The food was awesome and the company was equally great with family and friends.  I indulged a lot in sweets and juice, but I think I need to get back to my exclusive water drinking (at least until Christmas dinner).

Movement? He's still really relaxed and only moves certain times of the day (like afternoon around Adrian's nap time and especially when I lay down to sleep).  There were several weeks that I considered him to be a baby ninja because he'd kick and punch out of nowhere a couple times and then that was it haha  That has seemed to calm down, but now he likes to stretch his feet into my ribs and it feels like he lays transverse at times which always causes me to have to run to the bathroom lol
One this that I always enjoy are baby hiccups though...I don't know why, but I think they're just so precious and, unlike Adrian, he doesn't really seem to mind them...When Adrian would get hiccups, he'd get all upset and start kicking like crazy LOL

Cravings? Just sweets since I am limiting myself on them...the more I eat/drink sweets, I would notice swelling in my feet and ankles, so it's best I think to limit my intake, but it makes my craving for them more prononunced :)  I always look forward to my prenatals at night since they are sweet gummys :)

Labor Signs:  None...I'm getting some braxton hicks contractions here and there now, but that's normal...practice makes perfect afterall :)

Belly Button in or out? It semi sticks out now and I can see it through thinner shirts...sometimes it's still flat :)

Rings on or off? Still wearing them...I don't think my hands have swelled at all (even when I had the swelling in my feet)

What I miss:  Motivation to clean haha  Household chores just seem to be even more of a chore now because my center of gravity is off with the growing belly and I seem to get a backache fairly easily.  Funny thing is, is that I am actually beginning to miss being pregnant already because I know this is the last one, and it has been going by super fast this time and I know it'll all be over soon.

What I am looking forward to: Personally, I am looking forward to the birth of my friend Stephanie's daughter in a little over a month from now!  She lives in Italy, so of course I will only be able to see her through pictures, but Stephanie is going to be such a great mom and I am just so thrilled for her and her husband.  I am also looking forward to knowing the gender of my cousin's baby who is due in April!  Not sure if it's just wishful thinking (on my part), but I think she's having a boy (that would make 2 boys for her as well) hehehe
For this pregnancy, I am just looking forward to delivery day, not because I want it to be over, but because we finally get to meet our littlest little man.  We still are making progress on his room, so I am anxious to get that done...which is getting more complicated with the holidays being upon us now.  But he'll be staying in our room in the bassinet at night for several months, so I guess it's not essential to get his room done right now, but it would be a weight off my mind to have it done before his arrival :)

Weekly Wisdom:  I think with the holidays around now, all I can think to write for this weekly wisdom is just for all the things I am thankful for.  I am so thankful for my family near and far that are always such a huge support for me.  I am truly blessed to have everyone I do in my life.  I wish that I could see everyone more often (for those that are far), but am glad to be able to have the technology we do these days to be able to keep in touch so well, even at a distance.
I am also blessed and so thankful that I have been given the ultimate gift of motherhood from the Lord above.  I have two wonderful sons who are my whole world and give me new perspective and purpose in life.  Without them I know that life would not be complete and they definately make me feel whole.
I am grateful to have such great in-laws who raised a wonderful son whom I love with all my heart.  I always feared the "in-laws" that you hear so often about that you just can't please or get along with, but I am lucky enough to have a wonderful extended family who have taken me in since day one as another daughter :)
To me, the holidays are more about family and spending time with one another than about the gifts.  I'm glad to have Adrian with us (and soon his brother) to celebrate the holidays because sometimes I get a little sad missing those that I can't spend the holidays with and those that I will only see again in heaven.  Adrian brings back the excitement and wonder to this time of year and I hope that he will grow to appreciate the holiday as I do and not just for the commercial side of it.

Milestone:  Baby can now regulate his own temperature and he produces his own blood now too!  He will also be gaining about a half a pound per week now until birth (and I will gain around a lb per week).  10 weeks to go!!  According to a little countdown clock on my phone, 66 days! :)

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment