"Every good and perfect gift is from above" ~ James 1:17

Thursday, August 9, 2012

45 days and our baby boy will be 2!

How does time fly so fast?  I remember being in school or work, and some days would just seem to drag on so slowly.  Now it seems, every time I blink another month has gone by and now my baby will be 2 next month!  Not to mention, Manny and I will be celebrating 6 years together in less than 2 weeks!! When you learn from the troubling times and give thanks for the blessings you have received, you can enjoy life to the fullest extent and I think that makes the time fly so much faster.  When you're having fun, you never want it to end, but when you're not having fun, you can't wait for it to be over.  What joy and love these two have brought into my life, and I wish time could just move a little slower at times because it all seems to be moving so fast and I want to soak up everything I can.

I am excited for Adrian's birthday though and looking forward to him getting a "big boy" haircut for his bday.  Manny has been dying to get Adrian a short haircut instead of just a trim...there's something about cutting his hair too much that has made me feel like he'd be growing up too fast.  I think I'm okay with it now though much more so than 6 months ago haha  We have decided that his birthday will be Thomas the Train themed because he LOVES Thomas & choo choos.  It'll be fun to watch him actually open presents this time, and hopefully singing the birthday song won't frighten him this time since we plan on doing the party at the park so everyone won't be so crowded around him :)

He is such an awesome kid and his energy is picking up speed every day it seems!  I am definately a mom to a BOY! LOL  Yesterday he decided it would be fun to jump off the couch into Manny's lap, and he wouldn't take no for an answer!  I'm so afraid what that means for when he's a teenager if he's already doing daredevil stuff now! yikes!  He has such a great personality and is quite the talker...he picks up on just about any word now, and although he doesn't speak much Spanish, he definitely understands it and takes great direction.  He always wants to help and like putting stuff in the trash or putting shoes away.  He also thinks that he needs to be very independent and tries to put on his own pants, shirt and shoes (he's put on his sandals successfully a couple times now), but then he'll get super mad when he can't get it on fast enough and will conceed and ask for help (or sometimes demand help) haha.  One pet peeve that I have with him right now is that since he hears me call Manny by his name, he thinks that thats okay for him to call him Manny too...I have noticed recently that he will do it if Manny doesn't give him attention fast enough, which is kind of funny.  Manny isn't hurt by it, so thats good, but there's something about Adrian calling him that, that makes me a little sad and I just don't like it at all.   Anyway, I could go on and on about how great Adrian is, and I feel like the luckiest mom in the world...he is a handful at times and terrible 2s are not the most fun stage to go through, but nothing makes me happier than cuddling, hugging, and kissing my little man and waking up to his happy face in the morning. 

Nothing is more fulfilling in life than to be a parent...it's hands-down, the best "job" I have done or will ever do in my life.














No comments:

Post a Comment