"Every good and perfect gift is from above" ~ James 1:17

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Seven Months (Late) and EIGHT months NOW!! THREE years!!! And other announcements!

So technically, I had a post almost ready to go for last month.  All I needed to do was transfer the writing from an email to here and add some pictures.  Unfortunately, the email did not save and I just did not have time to write it again.  So, I'll be playing catch-up today as well as sharing new news.

Firstly, I want to congratulate Manny's sister & brother in law, Lisette and Nick, on their beautiful baby boy, Giovanni, who was born over a month ago now!  It's hard to believe that it's already been a month!  He is such a sweetheart and totally adorable!  When I held him for the first time, it was so hard to believe my babies were that small and it made me really see why my mother-in-law always commented on how little their faces were...to me, I couldn't grasp how tiny they were because I had nothing to compare them with.  But going from holding a 7 month old, to holding a newborn, I definitely understood then about their "caritas,"  little faces.  I love my newest little nephew and I love going to visit him (even though Victor doesn't allow me to hold him for long whenever I get the chance).  Congrats again Lisette and Nick, you guys are doing an awesome job and have really been great parents from the start! He is certainly a lucky little boy!


I also want to congratulate my sister Tiffany and brother-in-law Eric on their wedding!  I wish you both many happy years together!  So glad we got to spend time together and can't wait to see you again!
And one more congrats to our friend Nicole on her beautiful new baby girl, Arianna Elyse!  She's very precious and is very lucky to have you for her mommy!

Since my last post, we celebrated Adrian's THIRD birthday!  He is such a smart, happy, funny, (and sometimes bratty) little boy.  He is looking more and more grown up each day, and it makes me a bit sad (but also very proud) that he'll be off to pre-school next year!  I'm sure he'll do great, but it'll be hard sending him off "on his own" since we spend so much time together now.  He went for a check-up on his birthday and he is 37" tall, 32lbs, and healthy as can be! He didn't really appreciate getting a shot, but he didn't cry too long :)
As you all know, Adrian has also started playing soccer and had his first game on Saturday.  It is so fun to watch them all running and "playing."  I think they've improved since their first practice, but they've got a little ways to go in actually knowing how the game is supposed to be played LOL  For instance, when you're chasing after the ball and it happens to go in front of you, you should probably kick it, not jump over it LOL  Oh I was laughing, it was so funny!  Adrian is the youngest on the team, but he seems to keep up and play just as well as his team mates, and he really enjoys playing, so I'm glad we got him into it :)  It's nice to have something like that to look forward to doing each week and I love that it also gives Manny some father/son time with him at practice :)



Victor is 8 months old, as of Monday, and is still growing like crazy :)  He weighs around 20 lbs now and has been in size 9-12 month clothing for at least a month and half.  He has also got FOUR more teeth in in 18 DAYS!  He was not a happy camper when we went to Oregon (first plane ride!), and I will usually try natural remedies first before medicine, but even I know that there is a time when Tylenol is a necessity.  Poor little guy was very serious when we were there and not his normal, smiley self, but he seems to be feeling much better (even with the 4th tooth popping in last Friday, 6 days ago). 
Victor has learned how to scoot around on his belly, and I'm sure that crawling will be happening soon (he gets up on his hands and knees at times).  He loves being in his walker and enjoys the freedom to explore and grab things that are within his reach.  He likes to play peek-a-boo and will pull things over his face, pull it down, and will grin really big when you say "peek-a-boo!" I love baby babble and Victor seems to be trying to speak with more purpose and in sentences.  It's very cute to see the serious looks he gets on his face when he's talking haha
That's all I've got to share for now...household chores are calling my name :/ We love you all and are also so thankful for the time we got to spend with our central Oregon family!  Until next time, I leave you with some pics of our little guys :)

SEVEN Months
EIGHT months

No comments:

Post a Comment