"Every good and perfect gift is from above" ~ James 1:17

Monday, August 22, 2011

Celebrating 5 Years together!!

Five years ago today, after sitting in Manny's truck for probably an hour and 1/2 trying to say goodbye, but not wanting to leave yet (I was heading back to Reno at 9am) Manny finally worked up the courage to ask me if I wanted to be his girlfriend (it was 2am by that point lol).  Of course I said yes (I had been dying for him to ask me already), and I knew that one day I would marry him.  He was and still is, everything I wanted in a friend, a partner, a father, and a spouse.  I had started falling in love with him and it was hard leaving that day since we had only technically begun our relationship, and I just wanted to spend time, much more time, with him.

Fast forward five years, and here we are today with our beautiful son, a lovely home, and a love that only keeps growing.  I love Brad Paisley's song; he sings:
"I thought I loved you then...
now you're my whole life,
now you're my whole world,
I just can't believe
the way I feel about you girl,
we'll look back someday,
in this moment that we're in,
and I'll look at you and say,
'and I thought I loved you then'."

It's definately true, and every year we celebrate I think I've said something like that.  I am so happy he is the one I get to spend the rest of my life with. 

Happy 5th Anniversary!  
I love you with all my heart! 









Cake from me to Manny & flowers from Manny to me :)






No comments:

Post a Comment